Managing your time Workshop
August 3 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Managing your time effectively in business is a critical skill. Join us to gain an understanding of and learn the practical application of basic time management skills, methods and tools.
- Role of the time management in improving performance and introductions
- Business patterns and differentiating between the predictable and the unpredictable
- Motivation models (towards and away from)
- Planning and prioritising tools and techniques
- Efficiency versus effectiveness
- SMART objectives
- Meetings management – tools and approaches
- Role of Time bandits and how to address these – personal audit of time bandits
- Assertiveness and its role in time management
- Use of PAC model
- Saying NO
- Learners will be able to apply time management models
- Learners will identify their own time management style and understand how this affects their performance
- Learners will have an understanding of a range of time management methods and tools
About the course deliverer
Course delivered by Tom Lane, NET UK
A senior manager (Training and development) in NHS (18 years for 3 hospital sites) and 10 years teaching Management (University Centre Grimsby) – includes 2 year secondment with E-factor.
National Project Manager (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) and Technical Consultant on behalf of the NHS (2000-2008)
12 Years running own Training and Management consultancy (UK wide)
Specialist areas Operational and Strategic Management, Education and Training, Social Psychology, Problem solving.
Delivered training and development and Consultancy for a wide range of commercial and public bodies including Microsoft, Disney, DoH, NHS England, Skills for Health (SSC), Prince Charles Foundation for Integrated Health, MakeUK, Perot Systems, First Bus and Rail, Sir Robert McAlpine, Pitman, Northern Foods, P66, Novartis, University of Lincoln, Essex County Council, TATA Steel, Honda UK, Hilton Group, 2 Sisters Food Group.
Lunch will not be provided however there is on onsite cafe (Buzz Cafe by Waltham Kitchen).